These terms and conditions are a legal agreement between you ("You" or "Your") and TrendlendNYC, LLC ("TrendlendNYC," "we," "us," or "our"), establishing terms and conditions under which You will submit information to, and rent dresses and handbags (each a “Product” and collectively, "Products") and receive related services (“Services”) from, TrendlendNYC via our website at www.trendlendnyc.com (the "Website").
BEFORE YOU CLICK ON THE “CHECKOUT” BUTTON, CAREFULLY READ THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF THIS AGREEMENT. BY CLICKING ON THE “CHECKOUT” BUTTON OR ORDERING THE PRODUCTS, YOU ARE AGREEING TO BE BOUND BY AND ARE BECOMING A PARTY TO THIS AGREEMENT. IF YOU DO NOT AGREE TO ALL OF THE TERMS OF THIS AGREEMENT, DO NOT CLICK THE “CHECKOUT” BUTTON AND YOU WILL NOT BE PERMITTED TO RENT AND/OR PURCHASE THE PRODUCTS. WE RESERVE THE RIGHT TO CHANGE THE TERMS OF THIS AGREEMENT IN THE FUTURE AND ANY CHANGES WILL APPLY TO THE RENTAL/PURCHASE OF ANY PRODUCTS AFTER THE DATE OF SUCH CHANGE.
1. GENERAL; RENTAL NOT PURCHASE; ADULT AGREEMENT REQUIRED.
2. RENTAL FEES; CREDIT CARD AUTHORIZATIONS; CANCELLATIONS.
The rental fee (“Rental Fee”) for the Products will be the rental fee, insurance charges and delivery charges listed on the Website in connection with Your rental of the Products. Upon Your order for a Product, You hereby authorize us to charge Your credit card for the Rental Fee. We will charge Your credit card the amount of the Rental Fee immediately upon Your rental order. A reservation of a Product on our Website is an order for the rental of that Product, regardless of how far in advance that Product is reserved. In addition, at the time of Your order of a Product, You hereby authorize TrendlendNYC to charge Your credit card for the entire original retail value of that Product (when new) set forth on the Website, plus sales taxes (“Retail Value”); provided that we will only charge the Retail Value in the circumstances set forth in Section 4 below. Rental Fees exclude all federal, state and local taxes, GST, fees, customs, duties, levies and other governmental assessments, all of which shall be paid by You directly or, if paid by TrendlendNYC, shall be paid by You to TrendlendNYC in connection with Your order for the rental. You may cancel Your order for Products at least seven (7) days prior to the ordered delivery date. For cancellations a full merchandise credit is given that can be applied to a future purchase from TrendlendNYC.
3. OUR COMMITMENTS TO YOU.
- 1. Delivery to You. We will deliver the Products You ordered, including the specified size, color and design, on or before the date for which You ordered them, except to the extent we informed You in connection with Your order that the specific Product was not guaranteed. Products may appear different in color and style than the photos displayed on our Website. Our liability to You for failure to do deliver the Product as ordered is limited to the timely delivery of Product as ordered or a refund of the Rental Fee (excluding insurance and delivery charges) as determined by us.
- 2.Guarantees. Return of Unworn Products Due to Size. If Your Product does not fit You, then You may return the Product to us within 24 hours (excluding Sundays and holidays) of the date you received the Product by contacting us via email or phone and returning the Product in conformance with the return procedures in Section 4(b) below (a “Sizing Return”). We will then issue you a credit for the full Rental Fee (less delivery charges) of the Product for a future rental by You of our Products, so long as the Product, in our sole discretion, has not been worn.
- 3. Delivery; Clean and Ready to Wear. Your Products may be ordered and couriered to You on the next day for certain orders placed by 3 p.m. in NYC, subject to the additional delivery charge set forth on the Website. Otherwise, all deliveries outside of NYC will be through TrendlendNYC's shipping partners, which may change from time to time at the Company’s discretion. The shipping method used will be at the discretion of TrendlendNYC. The Products can be delivered to you until 8:00 pm on your rental start date. The Products will be professionally cleaned and delivered ready to wear. We dry clean and inspect each product with the utmost care, but use of the product is at your own risk TrendlendNYC shall not be held liable for any health-related complaints associated with a product rented from our site.
- 4. Return Packaging. With delivery of the Product, we will provide You with a pre-paid, pre-addressed envelope as well as instructions for Your use in returning the Products to TrendlendNYC (“Return Packaging”).
- 5. Services. On our Website, we offer various Services to assist You in selecting a Product. Our Services are provided “AS IS” without guarantee as to results.
4. YOUR COMMITMENTS TO US; PAYMENT OF RETAIL VALUE.
- 1. Receipt of the Products. Upon delivery, You bear responsibility for the Product(s). If however, You opt to have Your Products delivered in NYC by courier service You agree to bear responsibility for receipt of Products shipped to the location specified at time of check out. You acknowledge that a Secure Shipping Address (defined herein) is highly recommended. A Secure Shipping Address is defined as a location where an individual can physically receive Product(s). In the event that an unsecure shipping address is provided, TrendlendNYC does not bear liability for Products left unattended. Furthermore, You acknowledge that providing anything other than a Secure Shipping Address may result in delivery delays and additional delivery fees for which TrendlendNYC is not to be held liable, but You will be held liable.
- 2. Use of the Products. You agree to treat the Products with great care, as if it was borrowed from one of Your close friends. You are responsible for loss, destruction or damage to the Products due to theft, mysterious disappearance, fire, major stains or any other cause, other than normal wear and tear. Normal wear and tear encompasses minor stains, rips, missing beads, stuck zippers or other minor damage covered by the insurance You paid for with your rental of the applicable Product. If You return a Product that is damaged beyond normal wear and tear, then You agree that we shall charge You, and You shall pay, for the price for repairing or replacing the Product, as determined in our discretion, up to the Retail Value for the Product.
- 3. Return of the Products; Extensions. You agree to return the Products to TrendlendNYC in the Return Packaging on the date set forth on the Website in connection with Your order. You may extend Your order for a Product on the Website or by phone to TrendendNYC; provided that any extensions are subject to other orders for that Product and to pre-payment of the additional Rental Fee applicable to that Product for the period of time of the extension. Return of the Product will be accomplished by You placing the Product in the Return Packaging in any appropriate USPS mailbox by 12 p.m on or before the date that the Product is due. If You return the Products late or not at all, a late fee of $30 per day will be charged to You every day that you are late on top of the initial rental fee already charged, and You agree to pay such additional fees, up to 200% of the Retail. If You lose the Return Packaging, You will be responsible for returning the item at your own expense by the expected return date, and providing TrendlendNYC with a tracking number.
- 4. Payment of Retail Value. We will not charge You for more than the Retail Value plus the Rental Value, in the aggregate, for any charges arising under this Section 4, excluding collection costs. If You pay us the full Retail Value under this Section 4 and You still possess the Product, the Product is Yours to keep, though on an “AS IS” basis without warranty of any kind. For the avoidance of doubt, the limitations of this clause shall not apply to the Rental Fee, which is charged separately from, and in addition to, any charges for the Retail Value pursuant to this Section 4.
- 5. Collections. If You do not pay the amounts You owe to us when due, then we will need to institute collection procedures. You agree to pay our costs of collection, including without limitation reasonable attorneys’ fees.
- 6. Refusal of Services. We reserve the right to terminate your right to rent or purchase Products from us at any time in the event of Your breach of this Agreement or for no reason or any other reason in our discretion.
- 7. Email. We will use the preferences and orders You provide on our Website to send You e-mails and other marketing materials for other Products. You may opt out of receiving those e-mails by contacting us or following the links provided at the bottom of those e-mails when available.
5. DETAILS ON OUR COMMITMENT TO YOU.
- 1. Limited Warranty. The limited warranties set forth in Section 3 apply only to You, may be acted upon only by You, and may not be assigned, sold or transferred to any third party. No warranties are granted other than as set forth in Section 3. Our warranty herein shall not apply to any matters arising from violation of Your commitments set forth in Section 4 of this Agreement.
- 2. Remedies. Your sole and exclusive remedy and TrendlendNYC's sole and exclusive liability for a breach of TrendlendNYC's limited warranty shall be, at TrendlendNYC's option, TrendlendNYC's use of its commercially reasonable efforts to replace the non-conforming Product in a timely manner or a refund of Your Rental Fee (excluding insurance and delivery charges).
- 3. Disclaimers. THIS LIMITED WARRANTY IS IN LIEU OF ANY OTHER WARRANTIES, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, WRITTEN OR ORAL (INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, ANY WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE OR NON-INFRINGEMENT) WITH RESPECT TO THE PRODUCTS, THE SERVICES RELATED THERETO OR THE USE OR RESULTS OF THE PRODUCTS OR SERVICES.
6. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY.
- 1. No Indirect Damages. IN NO EVENT SHALL TrendlendNYC (OR ITS SUPPLIERS OR LICENSORS) BE LIABLE TO YOU OR ANY THIRD PARTY FOR SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, EXEMPLARY, PUNITIVE, MULTIPLE OR OTHER INDIRECT DAMAGES, OR FOR LOSS OF PROFITS OR LOSS OF USE DAMAGES, ARISING OUT OF THE PRODUCTS OR SERVICES RELATED THERETO, WHETHER BASED UPON WARRANTY, CONTRACT, TORT, STRICT LIABILITY OR OTHERWISE, EVEN IF TrendlendNYC HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES OR LOSSES.
- 2. Limited Direct Damages. TrendlendNYC's (AND ITS SUPPLIERS’ AND LICENSORS') AGGREGATE LIABILITY ARISING OUT OF PRODUCTS AND SERVICES RELATED THERETO, WHETHER BASED UPON WARRANTY, CONTRACT, TORT, STRICT LIABILITY OR OTHERWISE, SHALL NOT EXCEED THE APPLICABLE RENTAL FEES PAID BY YOU FOR THE APPLICABLE PRODUCT AND/OR SERVICE.
- 3. Use of Results at Your Risk. YOU ASSUME SOLE AND EXCLUSIVE RESPONSIBILITY AND LIABILITY FOR ANY CLAIMS AGAINST YOU AND/OR DAMAGES ARISING FROM USE OF THE PRODUCTS DURING YOUR RENTAL PERIOD.
This Agreement constitutes the entire agreement between You and TrendlendNYC with respect to the subject matter hereof and is the final, complete, and exclusive statement of the terms of the Agreement, superseding all prior written and oral agreements, understandings and undertakings with respect to the subject matter hereof. Modifications may be made only by TrendlendNYC. We reserve the right to terminate or amend this Agreement at any time for any or no reason, effective upon notice to You of such termination or amendment. The waiver of any term or condition or any breach thereof shall not affect any other term of condition of this Agreement. The Agreement shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of New York, excluding its conflicts of laws principles. You shall not assign this Agreement without TrendlendNYC's prior written consent.
Termination of this Agreement will not relieve You of any payment obligations hereunder. Sections 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 and 7 shall survive this termination of this Agreement according to their terms. If any provision of this Agreement shall be held illegal, unenforceable, or in conflict with any law of any authority having jurisdiction over this Agreement, the validity of the remaining portions or provisions hereof shall remain in full force and effect. TrendlendNYC shall not be liable for failure to perform any of its obligations hereunder by reason that are beyond its reasonable control, including, without limitation, fire, earthquake, interruptions in supply, other natural disaster, war embargo, and/or riots or acts of terrorism.